Iran Still Claiming it Killed Over 100 US Soldiers in Iraq Attack
A week after Iranian strikes on U.S. military in Iraq, Ayatollah Khamenei is expected to focus his weekly Friday address on Iran’s great victory and the loss of U.S. life endured in the Iranian attack.
Citizen Truth was given exclusive early access this Thursday to an official statement issued by the office of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which posits that over a hundred U.S. soldiers were killed in Iran’s latest attack against U.S. military interests in neighboring Iraq.
According to high ranking military officials, U.S. soldiers had to organize an emergency en masse evacuation of all of its military personnel across Iraq to Ain Al Assad’s base in Al Anbar province – western Iraq, to guarantee their safety.
Such a move then led Iran’s military officials to concentrate their army firepower on Al Assad’s base in view of exerting maximum pressure against the United States, and disable its main military command in Iraq.
Tehran now claims that its airstrike all but devastated U.S. positions, leaving but rubble and burning military equipment behind.
It is important to note that so far Washington has denied all and any such claims, arguing that Iran is only trying to score political points at home by way of a “fake” victory.
As early as January 7th, on the day of the attack, reports circulated in Iranian media outlets of devastating U.S. losses:
“An informed source at the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps said over 80 American troops were killed and some 200 wounded in the IRGC’s missile strikes on the US airbase of Ain al-Assad in Anbar province in western Iraq,” Mehr News reported on Wednesday.
Mehr, which is owned by the Islamic Ideology Dissemination Organization, a branch of the Iranian government, credited the report to IRIB – the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, Iran’s public broadcaster whose head is appointed directly by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
“According to the accurate reports of our sources in this area, at least 80 American troops were killed and some 200 others were wounded, who were immediately transferred out of the airbase by helicopters,” Mehr News further reported.
Today Tehran claims that as many as 143 military personnel were killed and 538 were injured in the missile attack, alleging that all casualties had been transferred to Israel, Kuwait and Germany for emergency medical treatment in 9 separate flights.
Officials in Tehran have confirmed to Citizen Truth that videos and further evidence will soon be made available to the public.
Ayatollah Khameini, who, every Friday leads the nation’s weekly prayer will focus the core of his address on Iran’s military self-proclaimed victory against the United States, including the alleged many losses of life Iran says to have inflicted on its enemy.
Since Iran unleashed a barrage of missiles against U.S. military interests in Iraq, the Islamic Republic announced it no longer felt bound to the terms of the JCPOA (nuclear agreement), which agreement U.S. President Donald Trump reneged on early in his presidency on account he claimed it failed to address America’s interests.
Iran President Hassan Rouhani said in a televised address this week: “We are enriching more uranium before the deal was reached … Pressure has increased on Iran but we continue to progress.”
After the airstrike on January 3rd that killed General Qassem Soleimani, the architect of Iran’s regional military operations, Iran said it would abandon all restrictions in the nuclear deal.
In his speech, President Rouhani acknowledged the sanctions had caused economic pain but said such considerations could not be separated from foreign policy and national security.
He also spoke of the rising tensions with the U.S., noting: “A single bullet can cause a war, and not shooting a single bullet can lead to peace,” he said, adding that his administration was seeking greater security.
Should Iran’s claims that it took the lives of 143 U.S. soldiers prove true, Washington is likely to retaliate with more than warnings of further sanctions… in hindsight, President Trump’s tweet that “all is well” may have over-reached.